Position: Integrated Solutions Precision Agriculture Consultant
Salary: Negotiable based on Skills and Experience
We have a newly created position available for a Precision Agriculture Specialist with a focus on specialising in precision farming products, customised solutions and crop/livestock production advice to support our customers and Group of Branches.
The position will aim to service our South-Western Branches and their customers: Griffith, Lake Cargelligo, Narrandera and Coleambally by operating between the branches and throughout this area of the Hutcheon and Pearce Area of Responsibility.
We are seeking a motivated, talented Individial to support our Branches and customers with exceptional advice and service, standard of Hutcheon and Pearce reputation.
Hutcheon and Pearce is a progressive John Deere Dealership that has been servicing and selling agricultural and turf machinery for over 63 years in the Riverina and Central West, NSW. We are a locally owned 3rd generation family business operating from 12 locations in Central, Southern & Western NSW.
- Proactively manages dealership interactions and provides customised solutions that meet the individual needs of key customer accounts.
- Engages with dealership personnel (Sales, Parts, Service, TECSight, Admin) when needed in defining a customer solution, completing a sale, and ensuring customer account needs are met.
- Represents the company for the sale of equipment, parts, labour, and technology-based products and services to customer accounts.
- Meets sales volume and sales objectives of Advanced Value Added Services to key customer accounts (e.g. Farm Information Management plans, customised training packages, AgForesight Machine packages, and AgForesight Full Package offerings.)
- Jointly develops and executes the plan to ensure ongoing AMS Mainstreaming/Solutions Selling across all departments at the dealership.
- Provides leadership across the organisation for agronomic knowledge.
- Works with customers to ensure quality machine data capture, proper machine set-up and proper delivery of third-party’s recommendations.
- Serves as the subject matter expert/liaison with other customer trusted advisors such as ag contractors, crop insurance agents, chemical suppliers, agronomists, etc. that are working to execute jobs with John Deere equipment and technology.
- Remains current on production practices, latest trends and changes in regulations.
- Actively participates in local/regional industry associations.
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 2+ years’ experience in an agriculture-related role
- Dealership sales, service, integrated solutions, training, or other related work experience preferred
- Ability to operate with a solutions approach and identify existing/emerging customer needs
- Ability to think strategically
- Demonstrates leadership, organisational, project management, interpersonal, and analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills including strong communication and customer relationship management skills
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team, including with remote team members
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to store locations, customers and customers’ other advisors
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Business, or Agriculture Mechanization or equivalent experience preferred
At H&P we offer the opportunity to learn through the Hutcheon and Pearce High Performance Academy, John Deere University and JD Tech School to polish up on your skills, learn about new green machinery and how to further develop and grow your career.
Being part of a high performing team is critical to our culture at H&P. We work hard, train well and challenge each other every day to better our performance. If you want a career, not just a job, we are the company for you.
To be considered for the role, please follow the “apply now” link below, complete the online application form and attach your current resume and a covering letter detailing why you would be suited to this position.