Position: Precision Ag Consultant – Forbes
We have a Precision Ag Consultant position available within our Integrated Solutions Department Based in Forbes and servicing our northern customers. This is an exciting new role focusing on product and customer relationship development in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the backing of a passionate and strong team & brand. You will provide agronomic & farming support services to our customers and all dealership departments for Precision Ag products, with a focus on ensuring quality data management.
Hutcheon and Pearce is a progressive John Deere Dealership that has been servicing and selling agricultural and turf machinery for over 63 years in the Riverina and Central West, NSW. We are a locally owned 3rd generation family business operating from 12 locations in Central, Southern & Western NSW.
At Hutcheon and Pearce we are passionate about progression and innovation within the Agricultural Sector. We are driven to succeed by growing our customers’ business with high quality products and services.
In this Role, you will:
- Proactively manage customer interactions and provides customised solutions that meet the individual needs of key customer accounts.
- Work with customers to ensure quality machine data capture, proper machine set-up and proper delivery of third-party’s recommendations.
- Engage with dealership personnel (Sales, Parts, Service, TECSight, Admin) in defining a customer solution, completing a sale, and ensuring customer account needs are met.
- Provide leadership across the organisation for agronomic and practical farming knowledge.
- Serve as the subject matter expert/liaison with other customer trusted advisors such as Ag contractors, chemical suppliers, agronomists, etc. that are working to execute jobs with John Deere equipment and technology.
- Jointly develop and execute the plan to ensure ongoing Precision Ag Solutions selling/mainstreaming across all departments at the dealership.
- Meet sales volume and sales objectives of Advanced Value Added Services to key customer accounts (e.g. Farm Information Management plans, customised training packages etc.)
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Ag Science, Agronomy or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in an agriculture-related role
- Customer relationship management experience preferred
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to operate with a solutions approach and identify existing/emerging customer needs
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills including strong communication skills
- Ability to think strategically in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team, including with remote team members
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to store locations, customers and customers’ other advisors
- A Current Driver’s licence
Please complete the Application form