Position: Service Business Development Manager – Albury
Salary: Negotiable based on Skills and Experience
We are seeking a Service Business Development Manager with a solid understanding of agricultural and farming needs and a proven track record. The John Deere Agricultural Machinery Service Business Manager oversees service operations within the dealership to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. With a focus on growth of profitable service labor who can exercise and manage disciplined expense control.
The position is based in our thriving Albury Branch. In this role you will attract, retain, and effectively engage department personnel. The Service Business Manager role in a larger shed such as Albury is predominantly 50% Management focused and 50% administrative.
You’ll need to develop, communicate, enforce and monitor best practice Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction as well as developing and executing annual Service Department goals, budget and marketing plans in alignment with the organisation’s financial and operational objectives.
You will be offered the opportunity to learn through the Hutcheon and Pearce High Performance Academy and the John Deere University to polish up on your skills, learn about new John Deere machinery and how to further develop your career with personal development by participating in specialised Service and Management training programs.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
We are seeking an energetic and driven individual with an understanding of John Deere products.
Strong leadership and communication skills are essential to successfully navigate our organisation productively and deliver exceptional customer service to our customers. The ability to analyse and interpret internal reports, to work extended hours and weekends and excellent customer service skills are a must.
A minimum of 3 years prior experience in Service Department Operations is preferable.
- Schedules and assigns jobs and work areas to employees in the Service Department according to their skills and knowledge
- Assists with the development and training of service personnel and completes performance reviews of service staff
- Monitors service sales to ensure achievement of budgeted sales and profit goals
- Reviews work orders for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing
- Ensures all service warranty and Product Improvement Program claims are prepared within the required time frame to receive maximum credit
- Ensures all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order
- Participates in customer clinics, field days and related promotional events
- Assists recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position
Why join us?
Hutcheon and Pearce is a progressive John Deere Dealership that has been servicing and selling agricultural and turf machinery for over 62 years in the Riverina. We are a locally owned 3rd generation family business operating from 12 locations in Central, Southern & Western NSW.
Being part of a high performing team is critical to our culture at H&P. We work hard, train well and challenge each other every day to better our performance. If you want a career, not just a job, we are the company for you.