The C-shaped cutterbar profile provides:
- Smooth crop flow
- Superior draper-to-cutterbar seal
- Reduced amount of material under belts
- Minimized crop loss in shatter-prone crops
The cam reel design of the 400D Series Draper Platform features:
- 165-cm (65-in) diameter
- Heavy-duty plastic or steel fingers
- Tooth position control
- Smoother and quieter operation at higher reel speeds
- Less wear on reel drive components
- Less shattering of the crop
The hourglass-shaped reel has:
- End positioned closer to the cutterbar to provide smooth feeding
- Adjustable bolt position to change distance of reel to cutterbar
The cam position and reel position are adjustable, enabling the machine settings to be matched with the crop conditions for a trouble-free harvest. The finger release position is easily adjustable to one of four cam positions.
The reel is hydraulically positioned up, down, and fore-aft to allow perfect positioning for gentle yet positive feeding action.
- Standard from the factory on all 400D Series Platforms
- Recommended for all crop conditions
- Lighter weight and easy to replace
- Only available through Parts
- Recommended for heavy forage crop
- Longer life
Optional end fingers improve feeding aggressiveness in difficult feeding and cutting conditions with down and tangled crop.
Single span reel:
- Available on 415D, 420D, 425D, 430D and 435D Drapers
- Less weight
- Better center visibility
- Good option for canola and small grains harvesting
Double span reel:
- Available on 430D, 435D and 440D Drapers
- Better feeding in heavy, wet, or down crop
- Better control of the reel height for more consistent feeding
The reel is available in five-six- or nine-bat configurations:
- Six- to nine-bat conversion is available with field installation
- Recommended for heavy conditions such as silage or grass seed crops
The cutterbar design provides excellent visibility across the full range of tilt:
- Cutterbar and belt can be easily seen from cab even with optional top-crop conveying auger installed
- Cutterbar can be tilted from cab mechanically or hydraulically depending on windrower option chosen
- Change cutterbar angle with varying crop and field conditions for best cut height and crop flow
400D Series Draper Platforms offer optional dual gauge wheels with spring suspension:
- 1-cm (15-in.)
- Excellent ground following and flotation in all conditions
- Fine adjust the float on the go from the cab for high-speed harvesting and stable flotation
- Available as part of the integrated slow-speed transport system option
John Deere 425D, 430D, 435D, and 440D Drapers can windrow out of the center, right, or left ends of the draper with effortless change using the hydraulic deck-shift option.
Hydraulic deck shift option:
- Larger windrows to match combine or self-propelled forage harvester
- Match narrower-width drapers with higher-capacity harvesting
- Place higher-density windrows in front of harvesters when yields are low
- Discharge two windrows side by side for uniform combine or forage harvester feeding
- Move chain stop to change center belt opening quickly and easily for different crop types and density (see operator’s manual for more information)
- Discharge crop to the outside of the headland to prevent running over the windrow while cutting the rest of the field
- Platform stays balanced with automatic fine-float adjustment when using deck shift
- Optional double draper drive bundle is recommended when using deck shift and harvesting silage or wet, heavy crops
- NOTE: The double draper drive option is not compatible with the 425D Platform.
Optional left- and right-end swath deflector rods form a space between the windrow and uncut crop to have adequate clearance for the crop divider on the next pass.
Sales, parts, and service support from a local John Deere dealer offers overnight parts delivery and a well-trained support staff.
Slow-speed transport system:
- 400D Drapers are towable only with W155 and W170 Self-Propelled Windrowers
- Transport is recommended behind a tractor with seven-pin electrical lighting outlet
- 430D, 435D and 440D Drapers only
- Convert draper from field to transport in minutes with one person and without tools
- Dual front dolly wheel tires and two, gauge wheel tires carry weight of transport
It is a simple four-step process to switch from field to transport:
- Move right gauge wheels from field to transport
- Move left gauge wheels from field to transport
- Attach the tongue.
- Detach from the windrower.
Platform reverser controls are available for the W155 Self-Propelled Windrower only:
- Easily activated from operator's station to clear platform of plugs
- Reverser slowly reverses the knife drive and optional hay conditioner, if equipped, to clear plugs
- Highly recommended when using optional hay conditioner with 400D Platforms
- Operators can run machines closer to their maximum capacity and it will take less time to unplug
The reverser consists of a valve block and valves, shown in the image above. It is the gold-colored valve block on the right side. It is shown plumbed for a 100A Auger Platform.