MANAGE for Emerging Leaders provides knowledge and skills as the core competencies for leading, supervising and managing a team of employees and a department.
MANAGE ensures emerging leaders are demonstrating our company values and Key Result Areas.
MANAGE is targeted at those who are:
- aspiring for a management role
- currently managing a team like Foreman, Parts and Service Managers
- coaching apprentices or trainees
- talented employees needing extension.
Participation is by invitation only with 12 participants selected every 12-18 months.
At the completion of the core units graduation and certification from the HPA will occur.
All participants will be coached and mentored for support, learning, challenge and encouragement. by:
- the HR Manager
- a Mentor Manager from another Department and Branch.
Over the duration of 18 months you will:
- Pre-work prior to formal training ie reading, online courses, research, surveys from your team.
- Formal training in Wagga during non peak periods for 1-2 days, 6-8 blocks in the 18 months.
- Complete homework assessments on how the topics impact your work and relate to yourself and your team.
- Entry paper of needs and expectations
- Graduation summary assessment of your achievements.
If you are interested discuss your nomination with your Manager or HR.
Formal Training in Wagga SRO
- Self Awareness assessments
- Leadership & Management Skills
- Motivating Teams & Employee Engagement
- Financial Management Skills
- Sales, Service & Parts process optimisation
- Developing Team operating plans
- Team Dynamics & Team Building
- Leading Performance Reviews
- Courageous Conversations & Influence Skills
- Recruitment and Retention of talent
- Presentation, and Meeting Management
- Influence and Negotiation Skills
- Coaching and training Apprentices & Trainees
Informal Training on the job
- Feedback sessions with own teams
- HR Mentor 1 on 1 coaching sessions
- Personal Leadership Mentor sessions
- Facilitating workshops with your team
- Conducting Performance Reviews
- Effective Meeting facilitation
- Personal Profiling feedback sessions
- MANAGE peer cross training
- Research and self learning
- Assessment of learning tasks
- Personal challenges
- Achievement report for graduation
What will you achieve?
- Build your high performing team
- Become a more inspiring Leader
- Become the ideal Manager
- Build strengths and work on your weaknesses
- Optimised team processes and practices in your department
- Optimised processes and practices with other departments
- Prove you are ready for your next career challenge when it arises.