Position: Harvester Technician
Harvester Mechanic/Service Technician
Hutcheon and Pearce
Wagga Wagga NSW
We are currently seeking a qualified Harvester Mechanic/Service Technician to join the Service Team in our Wagga NSW Branch.
Hutcheon and Pearce is a 3rd generation progressive, family owned John Deere Dealership. Established in the NSW Riverina over 65 years ago, we are proudly operating out of 11 rural locations in the Riverina, Southern and Central West NSW. We serve a multitude of customers with quality, well renowned equipment and after sales support and service. We believe that our success comes from the partnerships we form with our customers and the quality of our people.
We currently have an opening within our busy Service Department for a Harvester Mechanic offering a competitive hourly rate; plus overtime, penalties and super. We also offer our service staff performance based incentives as well as continued ongoing training and unlimited career development opportunities!
Hutcheon and Pearce are currently looking for an enthusiastic and committed trade qualified Diesel Mechanic to join our Harvester Team performing servicing, diagnostics, repairs and maintenance of John Deere machinery at our Wagga Branch. If you are passionate about what you do and are motivated to perform to the best of your ability each day, read on!
Day to day the successful candidate will perform a range of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Undertaking service, repairs & maintenance of Harvesters & other machinery and equipment as directed (both workshop and field based)
- Performing diagnostics on Harvesters and other machinery as required
- Repair, assembly, pre-delivery and service of new and used machinery including Harvesters as per workshop/customer requirements
- Manage & maintain service records for machinery as required
- Provide technical advice & support to customers and other service technicians as required
- Relevant trade qualifications as a Diesel Mechanic
- 3 years + Experience servicing, diagnosing and repairing Harvesters
- Current and valid driver’s licence
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Self-motivated, organised with attention to detail and ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to use computer systems
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise workloads to ensure we meet customer deadlines
At H&P we offer extensive ongoing skills training with the opportunity to learn through the Hutcheon and Pearce High Performance Academy, John Deere University and JD Tech School to polish up on your skills, learn about new machinery and how to further develop and grow your career.
Being part of a high performing team is critical to our culture at H&P. We work hard, train well and challenge each other every day to better our performance. If you want a career, not just a job, we are the company for you.