Position: Payroll/Accounts Payable Officer
Location:SRO (Wagga Wagga)
Payroll/Accounts Payable Officer
About the Role:
Based in our Shared Resource Office in Wagga Wagga, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll and Accounts Payable Officer to join our Finance Team. Commencing in early 2022, this role will be perfect for an applicant looking for a fast paced, challenging opportunity. The successful candidate will be responsible for payroll for the entire Hutcheon and Pearce Group. As well as processing payroll, you will also assist with general finance/accounting duties as required including commission calculations, payroll data reporting, debtors, creditors and FBT. We are looking for someone who has a passion for Payroll and Accounts and would relish an opportunity to work in an environment where they could develop and grow their career!
Reporting to the Group WHS/Payroll Manager, qualifications in Accounting, Bookkeeping or Finance and relevant payroll experience is essential.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Complete weekly payroll
- Complete End of Month tasks such as Superannuation and payroll tax
- Prepare monthly commission and incentive bonus calculations for payment
- Generate and uploading relevant accounting reports
- Perform data analysis and processing
- Interpret and understand relevant legislation and be prepared to provide basic advice when required
- Accounts payable
- Debtors and creditors
- 3+ years in a similar payroll and/or finance role
- Qualifications – Accounting Degree, Cert IV in Bookkeeping or Finance or similar relevant experience is essential
- Ability to interpret Modern Award and Tax legislation
- Proven adaptability and flexibility is essential to navigate our fast paced and complex business environment
- Good numeracy skills with an understanding of accounting
- Advanced skills in standard computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Email and Internet
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and problem solving
- Strong people and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
We want to hear from you!
At Hutcheon and Pearce we highly value the continuous improvement and growth of our team – we offer extensive, ongoing development and training. Enjoy the opportunity to optimize your product knowledge and strengthen professional skills through the specialized Hutcheon and Pearce High Performance Academy and the John Deere University to further develop and grow your career.
Being part of a high performing team is critical to our culture at H&P. We work hard, train well and challenge each other every day to better our performance. If you want a career, not just a job, we are the company for you.
Join the H&P Recruitment Update Mailing List and be the first-to-know about current and upcoming opportunities and events from Hutcheon and Pearce.
Additional Opportunities at Hutcheon and Pearce
Provide high level advice and guidance on safety issues and queries to managers and leaders, ensuring they are supported in fulfilling their WHS responsibilities Design and implement policies and procedures across the organis…
Hutcheon and Pearce – Wagga Wagga NSW This role supports the daily business activities of all Hutcheon and Pearce branches, located throughout NSW. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this position provides general support and assis…
Hutcheon and Pearce is a 3rd generation progressive, family owned John Deere Dealership. Established in the NSW Riverina over 67 years ago, we are proudly operating out of 18 rural locations in NSW. We serve a multitude of customers with q…