Position: Senior ICT Technician
Location:Wagga Wagga – SRO
Senior ICT Technician
Hutcheon and Pearce
Hutcheon and Pearce is a 3rd generation progressive, family owned John Deere Dealership. Established in the NSW Riverina over 65 years ago, we are proudly operating out of 11 rural locations in the Riverina, Southern and Central West NSW. We serve a multitude of customers with quality, well renowned equipment and aftersales support and service. We believe that our success comes from the partnerships we form with our customers and the quality of our people.
Hutcheon and Pearce is currently seeking a Senior ICT Technician to join our talented and innovative ICT Team. Responsible for the resolution of technical issues relating to ICT equipment and software throughout the company as well as maintenance of computer infrastructure and web technologies, this exciting role covers a wide range of tasks.
This position will suit someone who likes to solve technology problems in a busy ICT environment, and who would like to further develop their ICT skills in the workplace. Time management, work prioritisation, customer service and teamwork skills are all critical to this role.
The key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Provide first and second level technical support and advice to all company users to resolve incidents and requests
- Escalate unresolved incidents to the appropriate specialist support areas for investigation and resolution
- Provide basic user training for all staff and make recommendations for training sessions or meetings to facilitate the introduction and utilization of systems
- Logging of all relevant incident/service request details
- Install, test and upgrade computer hardware and software for the company
- Install, test and upgrade technology for systems and software including WAN, LAN, VoIP and server infrastructure
- Develop and maintain backup and security policies including anti-virus strategies
- Provide advice on the procedure for problem resolution and log hardware warranty faults and issues with hardware vendors for repair and/or resolution
- Investigate and research all possible new technologies that may assist and improve the efficiency across the company
- Minimum tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or other related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in an IT Role
- Current and valid NSW Drivers licence
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and/or with minimal supervison
- Demonstrated server administration experience
- Sound understanding of enterprise Cloud technologies such as Azure and AWS
- Advanced system/server troubleshooting experience
- Experience with the deployment and maintenance of servers and systems, including applications designed around Active Directory, Exchange and other miscellaneous Middleware applications
- High comfort level with PC based hardware and systems and working knowledge of how to quickly diagnose and resolve system level failures
- Experience with VMware virtualization, Cisco UCS based infrastructure and system monitoring such as SolarWinds, Nagios, Zabbix or System Centre
- Understanding of SAN-oriented technologies, such as iSCSI/Fiber hardware
At H&P we offer extensive ongoing skills training with the opportunity to learn through the Hutcheon and Pearce High Performance Academy and John Deere University and industry related bodies to further develop and grow your career.
Being part of a high performing team is critical to our culture at H&P. We work hard, train well and challenge each other every day to better our performance. If you want a career, not just a job, we are the company for you.
For more information, contact HR on 0409 451 194 or firstname.lastname@example.org