Position: Small Engine Mechanic/Technician
Small Engine Mechanic/Technician
Hutcheon and Pearce Orange
Hutcheon and Pearce is a 3rd generation progressive, family owned John Deere Dealership. Established in the NSW Riverina over 65 years ago, we are proudly operating out of 11 rural locations in the Riverina, Southern and Central West NSW. We serve a multitude of customers with quality, well renowned equipment and after sales support and service. We believe that our success comes from the partnerships we form with our customers and the quality of our people.
We are currently seeking the services of a suitably qualified Small Engine Mechanic/Technician to take on a role at our Orange NSW Branch. The suitable applicant should possess a high skill set in the ongoing servicing, maintenance and repairs of all types of small engines. You will also possess a high level of customer service skills and the ability to market Hutcheon and Pearce service programs to our customers to ensure their equipment remains in good working order.
The successful applicant will be based from our workshop and must be competent to work unsupervised.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A current qualification in Mechanics (Cert III Automotive with proof of currency or Cert III Diesel Mechanic) – required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience servicing small engines
- Current and valid driver’s licence
- Customer Service Skills
- Self-motivated, highly organised with attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to use computer systems
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise workloads to ensure we meet customer deadlines
- John Deere Mower/Toro/Stihl or similar brands servicing and repair experience
- Forklift licence
At H&P we offer extensive ongoing skills training with the opportunity to learn through the Hutcheon and Pearce High Performance Academy, John Deere University and JD Tech School to polish up on your skills, learn about new machinery and how to further develop and grow your career.
Being part of a high performing team is critical to our culture at H&P. We work hard, train well and challenge each other every day to better our performance. If you want a career, not just a job, we are the company for you.
For further info, contact HR on 0409 451 194 to discuss the position further or email