Position: Workshop Foreman/Leading Hand
Due to growth, we have created a position in our service team to be a workshop based foreman / leading hand. We are seeking motivated and talented Lead Technician to coordinate and direct the workload of the Service Department for maximum efficiency and productivity while providing quality repair work.
The role is predominately 90% on the tools and 10% Administrative.
- Communication: Act as the conduit between the Service Manager and the Technicians. Communicate directly with the customer as needed, keeping the Service Manager informed.
- Business generation:Identify every opportunity to build further revenue through building relationships and exceeding customer expectations, planning scheduling, follow-up and managing rework.
- Workshop Facilitation: Assignment of workshop and field jobs and work areas to Service Department employees according to their skills and knowledge. Ensuring technicians have each job’s requirements to perform the job. Participate in own repairs and assists apprentices as needed as a coach.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Qualifications in Heavy Vehicle or Agricultural Machinery are essential.
- Minimum 3 years as a qualified Service Technician preferred
- Experience in Agricultural Machinery is preferred, but not essential
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and a passion for leading a team and driving motivation and engagement, as well as management skills
- We are looking for self-motivation, great organisation skills, attention to detail with the ability to work as a core component of a team or independently.
Hutcheon and Pearce is a progressive John Deere Dealership that has been servicing and selling agricultural and turf machinery for over 63 years in the Riverina and Central West, NSW. We are a locally owned 3rd generation family business operating from 11 locations in Central, Southern & Western NSW.
At H&P we offer the opportunity to learn through the Hutcheon and Pearce High Performance Academy and the John Deere University to polish up on your skills, learn about new green machinery and how to further develop and grow your career.
Being part of a high performing team is critical to our culture at H&P. We work hard, train well and challenge each other every day to better our performance. If you want a career, not just a job, we are the company for you.
Please complete the Application form