Making self-repair safe and easy
Every farming business depends on well-running machines, and every owner has the right to choose how their machines are fixed and maintained.
And at Hutcheon & Pearce, every customer can depend on us to support their right to self-repair.
When you buy a John Deere at Hutcheon & Pearce, you choose the support you need to keep your machine going.
With repairability built into every John Deere machine, and our complete inventory of genuine parts, highly trained service technicians and a thorough understanding of your business needs, you have all the support you need to maintain, diagnose, and repair your equipment, in your own time, in your own workshop.
Being able to repair your equipment is your right. Let us help you make those repairs safe and smart.
What’s all this about Right to Repair?
The ‘Right to Repair’ movement is pushing for manufacturers to share repair information, offer diagnostic tools, and provide service parts to consumers who wish to repair their own products.
is this different from Hutcheon & Pearce’s self-repair approach?
It’s not, our approach to Right to Repair (self-repair) remains unchanged. We have always supported our customers to repair their own machines with access to information (consumer rights, warranties) at the point of sale, manuals and product guides, parts and software, and diagnostic support. We will continue to do so.
Who is Customer Service ADVISOR™ for?
Put simply, it’s for machinery owners and third-party repairers who want a step-by-step guide to repairs.
Customer Service ADVISOR™ is not for everyone. Hutcheon and Pearce can sell technical manuals if that’s a better option for you or perhaps the EquipmentPlus App is all you need for maintenance and infield procedures.
But Customer Service ADIVSOR™ could be for you if:
- You perform the majority of your own equipment repairs
- You/your technicians have the skills to use an electronic diagnostic tool
- You need to access technical or diagnostic information regularly.
Simply fill in this form to see if Customer Service ADVISOR™ is right for you.
What does Customer Service ADVISOR™ give me?
Customer Service ADVISOR™ is a computer-based database of Operator, Diagnostic, and Technical manuals for John Deere products. It allows users to connect to machines with an Electronic Data Link (EDL) to clear and refresh codes, take diagnostic readings, and perform calibrations.
With a Customer Service ADVISOR™ subscription, you receive:
- Access to owner’s and technical manuals (diagnostic and repair information)
- Incremental and ongoing updates to maintenance information
- Ability to look up and troubleshoot diagnostic codes
- Machine diagnostic connectivity with Electronic Data Link (EDL)
- Step-by-step instructions for basic machine calibrations
- Training and support from TECSight
What are the advantages of Customer Service ADVISOR™?
Customer Service ADVISOR™ makes the transition between having a problem, diagnosing, and repairing easier.
If you have the technical skills to use an electronic diagnostic tool, it means you can get your machines going again, faster, without having to call in outside assistance. And with easy navigation, searching for the manuals you need is quick and efficient.
Don’t forget, if you subscribe to Customer Service ADVISOR™ and operate within the Hutcheon & Pearce footprint, our TECSight team can support you every step of the way, from initial training to ensure you know how to use the system to ongoing support for specific issues and repairs.
What are the costs involved?
Once you’ve determined that Customer Service ADVISOR™ is right for you, you select a subscription that best suits your equipment fleet needs. These include:
- Agricultural equipment (5000 Series Tractors and above, Harvesting, Crop Care, Hay and Forage, etc.)
- Turf and Utility Equipment (Commercial Mowing Equipment, Utility Vehicles, Golf Equipment, Tractors up to 5000 Series).
Contact us for a detailed quote to suit your needs.
What support is available to help me with repairs?
We have all the tools and support you need to carry out smart and safe repairs on your John Deere machinery. These include:
- Access to Operator, Parts, and Service manuals (via Customer Service ADVISOR™) and product guides
- On-board diagnostics
- Electronic field diagnostic service tools and training on how to use them (via Customer Service ADVISOR™)
- Easy access to parts, including access via the MyJohnDeere™ portal and proactive parts solutions, such as Parts OnSite™
- EquipmentPlus App
- Regular product service demonstrations, training, seminars and clinics
- Fleet management information (via JDLink™)
- Other publications on service, parts, operation and safety.
Add to this TECSight – our remote technical support team. Our John Deere trained TECSight specialists are on standby to help walk you through basic self-repairs, assist you to maximise machine updates and provide software and diagnostic trouble code assistance. Whenever you jump in the cab, our TECSight technicians are literally a phone call away.
For decades, we have supported our customers’ ability to maintain, diagnose, and repair their equipment. When customers buy from John Deere, they own the equipment and can choose to personally maintain or repair the product. When our customers need help, we have highly trained technicians to assist, either in person or remotely.
We take the health and safety of our customers and the environment seriously. We do not support altering our machines from their engineering standards, which can pose a risk to the current owner and their employees, as well as other equipment operators, future owners, our staff, and the environment.
A word on software
John Deere equipment doesn’t fit in your pocket like a mobile phone. And it doesn’t come with fewer than 40 components. Our combines can weigh 15 tonnes or more and are manufactured with over 18,500 parts.