Position: Payroll/Finance Officer
Location: Wagga Wagga
Hutcheon and Pearce
- Are you experienced with Payroll or Accounting?
- 3 Day a week position (Wednesday – Friday)
- Opportunity to make your mark and grow your finance career!
Hutcheon and Pearce is a 3rd generation progressive, family owned John Deere Dealership. Established in the NSW Riverina over 65 years ago, we are proudly operating out of 11 rural locations in the Riverina, Southern and Central West NSW. We serve a multitude of customers with quality, well renowned equipment and after sales support and service. We believe that our success comes from the partnerships we form with our customers and the quality of our people.
Based in our Shared Resource Office (Hutcheon and Pearce Head office) in Wagga Wagga, the successful candidate will be responsible for payroll for the entire Hutcheon and Pearce Group. As well as processing payroll, you will also assist with general accounting duties as required including commission calculations, payroll data reporting and FBT. We are looking for someone who has a passion for Accounting and Finance tasks and would relish an opportunity to work in an environment where they could develop and grow their career! Reporting to the Group WHS/Payroll Manager, a Cert IV in Bookkeeping or Finance or relevant experience is essential. This role is perfect for someone looking to get back into the workforce or even looking for an opportunity to grow into a Finance role in the future.
As a part of the role you will:
- Complete weekly payroll
- Complete End of Month tasks such as Superannuation and payroll tax
- Prepare monthly commission and incentive bonus calculations for payment
- Generate and uploading relevant accounting reports
- Perform data analysis and processing
- Interpret and understand relevant legislation and be prepared to provide basic advice when required
- 3+ years in a similar payroll and/or accounting role
- Qualifications – Cert IV in Bookkeeping or Finance or similar relevant experience is essential
- Ability to interpret Modern Award and Tax legislation
- Proven adaptability and flexibility is essential to navigate our fast paced and complex business environment
- Good numeracy skills with an understanding of accounting
- Advanced skills in standard computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Email and Internet
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and problem solving
- Strong people and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Previous industry experience or an understanding of industry operations is beneficial
- Previous experience calculating commission payments, FBT knowledge and a basic ability to interpret relevant employment & tax legislation
- Accounting qualifications
We Can Offer You:
At H&P we offer extensive ongoing skills training with the opportunity to learn through the Hutcheon and Pearce High Performance Academy, John Deere University and relevant role based training to polish up on your skills, learn about our business and how to further develop and grow your career.
Being part of a high performing team is critical to our culture at H&P. We work hard, train well and challenge each other every day to better our performance. If you want a career, not just a job, we are the company for you.
For more information, contact HR on 0409 451 194 or email@example.com
To apply: Email a copy of your most current resume and cover letter highlighting your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org