Increase the efficiency of your field operations with Gen 4 In-Field Data Sharing by monitoring the operations of up to six tractors, sprayers, nutrient applicators, or combines on one screen.
Equipment can work together at the same time or use maps created earlier by another machine to perform the following:
- Share as-applied maps and guidance lines between machines used for tillage, planting, and harvesting. Fertilizer and crop protection applications require an additional match on products to make sure the right information is being shared.
- Improve product placement and eliminate over-application by shutting off planter rows, seeding sections, sprayer nozzles, and fertilizer spreaders or ranks when crossing over areas already covered by another machine.
- Monitor the quality of job being performed on other machines.
Sharing maps and vehicle position helps confirm proper performance and help producers manage operations in the field.
- Zoom out to the field view to make sure the entire field has been covered.
- View other operators’ as-applied maps to confirm those machines are calibrated and performing properly.
- View machines’ yield and moisture maps to get a whole field view, to view progress, and to make sure nothing is missed while confirming machine and crop performance.
- Confirm the position of tractors working with grain carts or in other support functions.
Using In-Field Data Sharing’s Join feature, an operator can quickly join geospatially sorted work groups and accept the client, farm, field, and guidance line as well as crop and other documentation entries. The person starting the work group can either send everything or select only what they want the other operators to use.
With the Join feature, starting a field is faster and will result in more consistent usage of guidance lines and documentation data.
Using a streamlined setup process, In-Field Data Sharing matches maps and guidance lines together based on the information selected in the Work Setup screen; the same information is needed to document an operation. Setup items can be sent to the display from Operations Center for selection to make setup even easier.
The information needed depends on the operation:
- Planting and seeding - client, farm, field, and crop
- Product application - client, farm, field, and product or tank mix
- Harvest - client, farm, field, and crop
By joining a work group, you can view and select work history and shared work from a different time if different maps are required to finish an operation. Accessed from the Work List screen, Shared Work displays the data available from the cloud, while Work History displays the information created using the display. For example, if multiple herbicide applications are being made, a previous application can be selected to finish the field.
Shared work data is sent and received in 30-second segments. Including data transfer, a display will typically receive updates to coverage from group members approximately every 30 seconds and updates to group member position approximately every 6 seconds.
NOTE: Data transfer times can vary depending on strength of data connection.